Crayon-sized string cheese cylinders can be sliced into “buttons” or stripped into “threads,” then added to salads of all stripes.
Here, the cheese strips are the main ingredient in a fun, carrot-flecked slaw.
- 6 Organic Valley Stringles String Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Pull threads of cheese off each string cheese stick (not too thin). Toss with carrots, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or chill the salad in the refrigerator, tossing occasionally, 1/2 to 1 hour. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
SOURCE: Organic Valley