Organic fava beans are low in fat, rich in beta carotene and supply the valuable soluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol levels.
Fava beans provide good levels of protein, contain minerals and also a source of folic acid and vitamin E.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
2 pounds organic fava beans
2 cups vegetable broth
1 spring of rosemary
pepper to taste
1. Place the beans and rosemary into a saucepan and cover with broth.
2. Over high heat, bring to a boil, about 10 minutes until the beans are cooked.
3. Remove the rosemary.
4. Drain the beans and place them in a bowl.
5. Mix the parsley with olive oil and stir into beans.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.